The Weather Channel en Español
The Weather Channel en Español is a forthcoming streaming television channel to be launched in 2022.
The channel was announced in February 2019, intended to launch in early 2020. The channel plans to feature Spanish-speaking reporters and hosts, with content focusing on the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Central America. In August 2021, Entertainment Studios hired Sussy Ruiz as the channel's editor-in-chief. In January 2022, the channel hired Jessica Fernandez and Milmar Ramirez as its first known on-camera meteorologists.
In December 2021, Weather Group launched Conexión con el Tiempo, a social media service on Twitter aimed at covering the latest weather news for the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean. The service produces short form news stories similar to Pattrn, Weather Group’s climate-focused service.
- The Weather Channel Latin America, a previous Spanish-language version of the Weather Channel.
- "Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios Announces Launch Of Free Ad-Supported Live Streaming Network: The Weather Channel En Español". PRNewswire. February 11, 2019.
- Villafañe, Veronica (August 18, 2021). "Sussy Ruiz hired to help relaunch The Weather Channel en Español". Media Moves.
- "Jessica Fernandez on Twitter". January 5, 2022.
- "Milmar Ramirez on Twitter".
- "@conexionconeltiempo on Twitter".